Friday, May 2, 2008

More on God's Favor

Yesterday I talked about praying and seeking the Favor of God and some Christians find it difficult to ask God to bless. I just wanted to say it again today that it is absolutely ok to ask God to pour out His Favor on us. Psalm 119:57-58 "Lord, you are mine! I promise to obey your words! With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised.

Illustration: I'm at a Upward Conference with a couple that will be leading this ministry at LifeSong Church. Go Matt and Amy ... you guys are completely awesome!! Last November, I hosted an information meeting in our home about planting LifeSong. Matt and Amy attended because they heard that we were focused on sports initiatives to reach families and they wanted to hear more. Matt is a P.E. teacher so this is right up his alley. That night, to their surprise we didn't talk about sports but we talked about being a part of God's family and Matt gave his heart to Christ. GO GOD!! Fast forward months later, Matt and Amy are now leading this ministry. Only God could have this couple to shape them for this opportunity. They are perfect for the task.

What's the point? A year ago, Britt and I prayed because we knew what but we didn't know who. We knew we would use sports to reach families but we had no clue who would lead....now we do. That is only one way of God's Favor!!



No comments: