Wednesday, April 30, 2008

God's Favor

Sorry about not blogging for a week. I spent several days in Orlando at the Exponential Church Planting Conference. It was absolutely incredible. I You will hear more down the road.

Acts 2:47 "praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved." My prayer is that God would give us favor on the people in our community. I just found out that the lady I have been dealing with at the Community Association office is a Jesus follower. THIS IS HUGE!!! She told me on Monday that she has been praying for Revival in our city and community. Now, I didn't know that people in Vegas knew what Revival meant. It's really cool to know that God has given LifeSong Church this person of peace at our association office to bless this community.

Thought to ponder ........ If you have the favor of God, will you have the favor of people?

All throughout the book of Acts you see how the God's favor was all over the church. What happen to today's church? The church forgot that prayer is the work. I know it seems simple but think for a moment. When is the last time your church prayed over your community? When is the last time your church wept over your city? Acts 4:31 "When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness." The church will never experience God's favor nor power without PRAYER!

No comments: