Wednesday, April 16, 2008

FEAR NOT..... God knows you by name

LifeSong Church Las Vegas is connected with a network of LifeSong Churches across the country. LifeSong Vegas is being planted by LifeSong Lyman in addition to other churches. Let me say upfront, I deeply love Jeff and Amy Hickman. They are absolutely the right fit for the task of reaching their community for Christ. Their church was out in Vegas a couple of weeks ago handing out fliers to invite folks to a community wide block party. Complete Success!


I said all of that to say this......I was reading about their new sermon series called Don't be Afraid.... thoughts that came to mind.


Isaiah 43:1 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine."


Most people live a life of complete fear. Think about it, God calls you His....God knows your name....God has redeemed you..... what is there to fear?


Noah was called to build a boat, God called him by name.
Abram was called to leave his comfort zone, God called him by name.
Moses was called at the burning bush to put fire in his heart, God called him by name.
Samuel was called in the middle of the night, God called him by name.
David was called to serve as King, God called him by name.
Zaccheus was called out of a sycamore tree, God called him by name.
Paul was called on the road to Damascus, God called him by name.


When God calls His people to a task...why FEAR?

1 comment:

Clay said...

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call

Good stuff man!

Clay