Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wake-Up Moments

Last night I woke up around 3:30. Maybe just like the normal routine of letting the dog out to potty and of course potty myself. Well, it was not another normal wake up moment. I couldn't go back to sleep so I tossed and turned for about 20 minutes before asking God "why can't I go back to sleep?" I have been thinking about how our church can connect to our community. So, here is why I couldn't go to sleep and what I was thinking about.

We lead the nation in foreclosures and pretty much every other catogery. But when you have tons of bank owned properties the landscaping of those properties is horrible. I thought, "how would it look if we approached communities and asked if we, LifeSong Church, could help clean up the yards that make the entire community look bad. We could have people coming out to help with this effort, but most importantly this is another practical way to show that we care for the betterment of our communities. Most people will not want homes in their neighbhoors to look bad, so offering to clean up the place would show the community that we deeply care for its people. Give feedback???

1 comment:

Clay said...

That is definitely meeting a great need and I think it is right on the money. Just might want to check the legal ramifications of what is appropriate through some real estate folks.